Perrys Chartered Accountants, Kent invite you to vote for most Exceptional Individual
At the beginning of 2016, here at Perrys Chartered Accountants, Kent we launched our Exceptional Awards, with the aim of recognising inspiring and outstanding charities, individuals, services and businesses across the county. With 5 of our 7 offices based in Kent – in Medway, Orpington, Tunbridge Wells, West Malling and Wrotham – we are extremely proud to be part of such an incredible community.
Perrys Chartered Accountants, Kent search for the county’s most Exceptional Individual
We were delighted to see so many fantastic and heart-warming nominations for Exceptional Individual and, having narrowed this down to a shortlist of eight finalists, we’re now inviting local residents to vote for the nominee they think deserves to be awarded with this accolade.
The finalists are:
1. Dinah Williams, Eynsford: Dinah got involved with the charity Ellenor when they cared for her late husband. She became a volunteer and later continued her role by working on reception and, 16 years on, she continues to give her time for free five times a week to the charity.
2. Fred and Fran Long, Tonbridge: Since retiring a couple of years ago, Fred and Fran have put their time and energies into a wide range of community groups and charity projects around Tonbridge. They support dementia sufferers, refugees and Tonbridge community gardens, as well as volunteering at a local homeless shelter.
3. John Webster, Ashford: Local celebrity John ‘Webbo’ Webster has propelled Radio Ashford to one of the most popular stations in the area, bringing cheer and joy to every listener in the morning. He does enormous amounts for the local community and charities through attending and promoting events.
4. Maxine Hallett, Tonbridge: Maxine is a Parenting Group Facilitator at Fegans, a charity that she initially engaged with as a parent desperate for help. After leaving a violent partner, Maxine overcame drug addiction and found strength in helping and supporting others in similar situations. She now works for the charity full-time.
5. Mike Barrett, Paddock Wood: Mike has been at the helm of Kent homeless charity Porchlight for 17 years as its Chief Executive. He has worked tirelessly to grow the charity from a single hostel in Canterbury to one that currently employs 160 staff and supports over 5,000 vulnerable and homeless adults and children each year.
6. Monica Kendall, Herne Bay: Monica is the Chairperson of the charity Epilepsy HERE. She suffered with the condition from early childhood, however, after undergoing a brain operation in 1985, her seizures have now stopped. Since then she has travelled across the UK and abroad to speak to others about her experience and to learn more about the condition.
7. Sharon Harrison, Ashford: Sharon has been a volunteer for 20 years visiting claimants in a benevolent fund, as well as frequently fundraising for her son’s cricket club. She puts herself out to take her parents, as well as many others, to their hospital appointments, as well as taking them shopping and helping to sort out bills and other stresses.
8. Sharon Patmore, Canterbury: Sharon works at the charity Royal British Legion Industries (RBLI) and is the brain behind its LifeWorks courses, which help hundreds of veterans with disabilities and mental health difficulties in the UK to find employment. She supports anyone who requires guidance and is always willing to help and listen.
The nominee/s who receive the most votes will be unveiled as the winner at a glittering awards ceremony at prestigious Leeds Castle in November.
How to vote for the most deserving Exceptional Individual
To register your support for your chosen Exceptional Individual, simply vote by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the individual displayed in the subject line. The closing deadline to register your vote is Monday 6th June 2016.
Looking for an exceptional accountant? Contact Perrys Chartered Accountants, Kent and Central London
We pride ourselves on our service – we put this down to our underlying ethos of being ‘exceptional as standard’ – and we have earned a reputation for dispensing robust advice, backed by extensive knowledge to provide our clients with real value for money.
To find out how Perrys’ exceptional team can help you, please call us or visit your nearest branch: https://perrysaccountants.co.uk/contact