There are many ways to pay your tax bill, whether company taxes or personal self-assessment, but HMRC have recently stated that two of these ways are being withdrawn.
On 15 December 2017 you will no longer be able to make a payment at the Post Office and, perhaps more importantly, from 13 January 2018 you will not be able to use a personal credit card.
The use of a debit card or a company credit card will still be available and there are a variety of other options which include:
  • Online or telephone banking
  • CHAPS or Bacs
  • Cheque at your bank or building society (provided you have a paper payslip)
  • Direct debit
Following the changes to dividend tax from April 2016 many people will be due to make a self-assessment payment for the first time this January and if you wish to pay this by personal credit card you will need to do this before the 13th.
You may find the following link to HMRC's website helpful as this provides more information on the various payment options
Article written by Steve Hale

We use cookies to help provide you with the best possible online experience.

By accepting, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. You can find out more and set your own preferences by clicking "Manage preferences".